Kazakhstan’s Airlines Boost Their Returns

Income has risen by 52% but hasn’t rebounded to pre-pandemic level yet

In the first half of the current year, the civil aviation of Kazakhstan performed very well, thanks to the higher traffic of passengers and cargo.

According to data published by Kazakhstan’s National Bureau of Statistics, over the period from January to June 2021, the country’s airlines were able to earn more than $354,315,156, which is 52% higher compared to the same period last year. The vast part of these revenues have been provided by passengers, who pay for tickets (94%), while the rest is cargo transportation (6%). For example, this year airlines were able to sell tickets to 4.2 million passengers or two times more than in the first half of 2020, when the regime of emergency had been declared.

However, this progress couldn’t help airlines to rebound to the pre-pandemic level. For example, in the first half of 2019, they made $390.5 million, or 10% more than the 2021 rate.

During the pandemic, the aviation industry in Kazakhstan was severely affected by travel restrictions and lost about 36% in passenger traffic it used to serve before the pandemic. 

This May the Interagency Commission of Kazakhstan for Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 agreed to increase the number of regular international flights to the United Arab Emirates, Montenegro, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and the Netherlands.
 

Follow us on Google News
Related Materials