
UFC champion Islam Makhachev has said he would welcome the opportunity to fight at a proposed UFC event at the White House, which the promotion is considering for U.S. Independence Day celebrations on June 14, 2026, according to Bloody Elbow.
The unusual event has attracted interest from several high-profile fighters, including Jon Jones and Conor McGregor, who have both publicly discussed the possibility of competing on the card.
Speaking in a recent interview, Makhachev said the appeal of the event lies in its historic nature rather than financial motivation. The Dagestani fighter noted that he is already financially secure and is now focused on legacy, saying he wants to be part of a moment that would be unique in the sport’s history.
Makhachev, who moved up to welterweight after winning the title at UFC 322 last year, has been linked to several potential opponents. While speculation included a possible matchup with Ilia Topuria, his manager later indicated that Makhachev’s next bout is expected to come against an established welterweight contender.